Re: [opensuse-packaging] New packages for factory
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:44:36 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

Oh right, because we all know that "two weeks of silence" is _nothing_
when it comes to bugzilla.

But it would be clear who owns the task and documented what is done so
far (if at all).

I think the objection here is that his is a black box and people don't
know what's happening, transparency should help here,

If hermes were working as designed we would have that. The problem with
Bugzilla is that you have to actively enter something to show activity,
in addition to the activity itself. So, if coolo looks at a SR and deems
it fine, "but not for right now", he would additionally enter comments in
random bugzilla entries. Or better, he wouldn't, and rightfully
so, because his time is limited. That would lead to the same questions,
so bugzilla in itself wouldn't help.

Something automatic would help, as repeatedly suggested by various people
(hi Lars :) ), but then it doesn't matter anymore if it was called hermes
or bugzilla.

Ciao,
Michael.