Re: [opensuse-packaging] python modules as noarch
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:56:37 +0200
Am Montag, 10. August 2009 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
At Sat, 8 Aug 2009 15:42:35 +0200,

Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Am Samstag, 8. August 2009 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Dear Jan,

Am Montag, 3. August 2009 schrieb Jan Matejek:
Packages keeping their own filelists in spec files will break -
distutils/setuptools will install into purelib directory, but
%py_sitelib macro is pointing into platlib.
Such packages need to be changed - either by using --record-rpm, or
if that is not possible, using the new macros adopted from Fedora.
%python_sitelib points to /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages
%python_sitearch is /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages (same thing
as %py_sitelib, actually).

I've been bitten by this now:

home:frispete:branches:devel:languages:python
home:frispete:branches:KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop

and what I dislike from this fact is that this needs ugly
conditionals for factory.

Much better would have been: add these macros to all distros we care
about, then we could have been using these macros everywhere..

Could somebody give me an hint, how this conditional look like?

%if 0%suse_factory
%endif

Okay, now I do use a construct like this:

%{py_requires}
%if 0%suse_version > 1110
BuildArch: noarch
%define py_sitedir %python_sitelib
%endif

Unfortunately, rpmlint thinks, this is not such a great idea:

python-logilab-common.src:32: W: invalid-suse-version-check 1110
The specfile contains a comparison of %suse_version against a suse
release that does not exist. Please double check.

Anybody with an advice here?

Is the warning still there even if you remove 0 from '%if
0%suse_version...' line?

Sorry, didn't checked, since there are other problems lurking. Watch this
thread...

I've turned the check around for now, since coolo started using the new
macros without providing compatibility code for the older builds...

%if %suse_version <= 1110
#define the new macros for the old distributions
%endif

Now my python packages build again.

Pete