Re: [opensuse-packaging] What happens with packages that depend on packman or videolan packages?
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 13:15:10 +0200
Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

Uhm no, official packages can't depend on external ones.
But yes, you can make it conditional. See Audacity from Factory as an
example
(https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=audacity.spec&package=audacity&project=openSUSE%3AFactory)

At really the best thing to do is to make it conditional so openSUSE
and Packman (that also packages it:
http://packman.links2linux.org/package/blender) can share the same
spec file.
Talk to Andrea Florio about cooperating in the mantainership of the
package. libxine is already comantained between Packman and openSUSE
(http://lizards.opensuse.org/2008/09/12/conditional-features-aka-use-flags/).

Thanks for the info, packman already has this version (2.49a) so maybe
I'll be lucky and find the spec file works and I don't have to edit it
so much and go through the patches one by one. I think the maintainer is
on leave at the moment.
Regards
Dave P