Re: [opensuse-packaging] Supplements package && language, how?
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:16:22 +0200
2009/6/24 Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>:
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 05:28:14PM +0200, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
I'm packaging the new fully GPLv2+ spanish voices for festival. I
would like them to supplement festival + spanish language.

Looking at bundle-lang-common-es in YaST I see it supplements things
like "PackageKit & namespace:language(es)"... even if "rpm -q
--supplements bundle-lang-common-es" doesn't returns anything. But
when looking at the spec file I don't see any Supplements line. Some
black magic that adds dependency info in repo metadata but no in the
package... how could I use it for festival-spanish-voices?

That's created by the old language provides mechanism. Provides
of the form
get rewritten into a supplements line.

In your example you'll probably find

 Provides: locale(PackageKit:es)

in the spec file.

Yes. So this works for any package that does that?

But what do you mean with "old"? That should not be used for new
packages or just that it is old? ;-)
Should I use "Provides: locale(festival:es)" or just "Supplements:
festival & namespace:language(es)"... that, if there is no black magic
hidden, should do the same but putting the metadata also in the RPM
package and without a bogus Provides?