Re: [opensuse-packaging] Renaming packages...
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 08:29:23 -0400
On 23/06/09 08:22, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
I'd like to rename the package to opensuse-manuals_en
(plural). Thus it would match sle[ds]-manuals_en. The package actually
consists of several books and guides, thus it is probably to change it
that way. If we would unify the package names, maintenance scripts
could work more reliably.

Is this the right list to announce such changes?

I dont think you have to announce that, simply place a

Provides: opensuse-manual_en
Obsoletes: opensuse-manual_en

and the package manager will do the job just fine...