Re: [opensuse-packaging] Build Service Project Cleanup Round
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:58:47 +0200
Am Montag, 22. Juni 2009 11:51:41 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le lundi 22 juin 2009, à 11:43 +0200, Adrian Schröter a écrit :
Hello,

we got more than 6500 projects since the start of the opensuse.org Build
Service instance (plus the projects which got removed again by their
owners). These projects contain more than 13000 repositories, which get
need to get in sync by our service.

This takes obviously resources on the server side and quite a number of
these projects are not touched since a while. So I assume they are not
needed anymore.

So I think it is a good idea to free the resources from these projects
and give it to us active people :)

This will basically affect all projects, where no source changes happened
since 1 year or more.

We have basically 961 "old projects" and further 2300 empty projects (no
packages inside).

A FAQ and a full list of "old projects" can be found here. Please speak
up, when you think this is no propper approach or if you want to support
this :)

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Regular_Cleanup

I think it'd make sense to send a mail to the maintainers of those
projects before doing anything (and wait ~10 days).

Also, it'd probably be nice to move the data (source, not packages) to
somewhere where it can be recovered, instead of just wiping it...

Sources will not get touched, just the project meta information (build flags
and repositories in second step).

So it can get enabled again by everybody easily again.

I just found out that we have also 2308 empty projects, which contain still
1024 repositories. This leaves still directories and small meta file on the
server, which should get removed.

bye
adrian

--