Re: [opensuse-packaging] cyclic repo dependencies (Gnome in first place)
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:19:24 +0200
Le vendredi 19 juin 2009, à 19:14 +0200, Dirk Müller a écrit :
On Friday 19 June 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:

Here's the issue: GNOME:Factory/openSUSE_11.1 needs some stuff to be
backported (since openSUSE:11.1 doesn't have everything it needs) to
build. However, some of the stuff in GNOME:Backports/openSUSE_11.1 also
needs packages that exist in GNOME:Factory/openSUSE_11.1 to build.

Sure, we could let it build against openSUSE:11.1 and assume it will
work fine, but we want to go the safe way.

So what would be a good way to organize this?

how about splitting the stuff in GNOME:Backports that needs stuff in
GNOME:Factory to build into something else, like GNOME:Platform or something
like that?

Sorry, I wasn't clear and this wouldn't help. Here's an example:

ConsoleKit (G:B) needs glib2 (G:F).
gnome-session (G:F) needs ConsoleKit (G:B).

Whatever we do, there'll be a package that needs G:F and is needed by
G:F.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.