Re: [opensuse-packaging] Another side effect of opening factory
  • From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:17:30 +0200
At Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:07:29 +0200,
Stefan Behlert wrote:

On 2009-06-19 15:48:24 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 19 juin 2009, à 05:46 +0200, Michael Matz a écrit :
Hi,

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Vincent Untz wrote:

Does this mean there will be another external authorative source
for
this kind of information in the future (thus, the .spec files
will
be edited automatically again)? Or can the local file that the
.spec
They will be formatted - to add the changelog for example. but the
attributes and the texts do not have another source from what I
understood.

Is there any reason we put the changelog data in %changelog since the
data is in .changes files??

No. If you did or do that, you're wasting time. %changelog was and
will
be rewritten from the content of .changes. We for instance never cared
for %changelog sections in .spec files, only for .changes files.
Simply
leave the section empty (I'm not sure what happens if you leave it out
alltogether, so just empty it).

(sorry if this wasn't clear, I meant: the build service always adds the
data from .changes to %changelog and commits it; I hate that, I want to
keep an empty %changelog since .changes is better structured, more
readable, etc.)

I think you could add somethign like
%changelog
(nothing)

and then that section does not get updated - not sure if that's the correct
syntax, though. Darix?

thats not the obs. those are the autobuild scripts.

Doesn't matter who does it - it simply blows up the spec-file, and wastes
space in the packages :)

Worse than that, there is another possible point of merge conflicts at
automatic updates.

Takashi