[opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Important osc version 0.119 release !
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:44:05 +0200
Hi,

Le mardi 16 juin 2009, à 15:13 +0200, Adrian Schröter a écrit :

The new osc version 0.119 is released and available in the openSUSE:Tools
project.

Can you make sure it enters openSUSE:Factory too? Would be better to
have a working osc experience out of the box ;-)

Command UI changes
==================

osc submitreq create -> osc submitreq
osc submitreq accept/decline/show/revoke -> osc request accept/...
osc submitreq delete -> osc request wipe
osc deletepac -> osc delete or osc rdelete
osc deleteprj -> osc rdelete
osc rlog -> osc log
osc rprjresults -> osc prjresults
osc rresults -> osc results
osc req -> osc api
osc rebuildpac -> osc rebuild

Hrm. I didn't see the thread about this, but I would have also mentioned
that breaking the UI for this isn't really a good thing. Sure, it'll be
necessary at some point, but I don't agree it was necessary for those
new features. Some complete redesign would probably have been better,
since we're probably keeping some bad UI.

Eg:
- renaming rebuildpac but not copypac or linkpac is a bit weird.
- remotebuildlog while we have rdelete, rdiff, etc. (sure, rbuildlog
is an alias, but then why keep remotebuildlog?)
- we have results, but buildlog, buildinfo, buildconfig, etc.? I would
have expected buildresults

(so my main issue is that we're breaking the UI now, and we'll probably
have to break it again later)

Also, why not keep the old commands for compatibility when possible (ie,
not for req)? Was this difficult for some reason, or was it just lack of
time?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.