[opensuse-packaging] Shared libraries are not executable
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 17:04:00 +0200
Hi,

http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/Shared_Libraries, in the Best
Practices section, says "Shared libraries are not executable".

We all agree with that? Doesn't really matters, I ask just because
sometimes I have got patches submitted changed, because 99% of my
/usr/lib files are executable and because ldd still gives this pretty
warning: "ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for
`/usr/lib64/libxvidcore.so.4'".
I'm not really sure about when, how or who wrote the Shared Library
Naming and Packaging Policy... so, I should really follow the "Shared
libraries are not executable" advice?