Re: [opensuse-packaging] Need help by Fixing Bugreports
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 03:57:03 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Thu, 14 May 2009, oc2pus@xxxxxxxx wrote:

You need to move the last file (the one in .../kde4/plugins/...) to
the libskgbasegui1 package. It is an *.so file, so your initial
intuition to put it into a -devel package was correct. But in this
case it's a plugin, not a shared library, so it needs to be part of
the base package as it's required at runtime, not to build against.
A devel package in this case is "senseless" without headers. How could
someone use those libs without knowledge about the interface ?

And the plugin should be part of the main package and/or part of a
sub-package, not part of the lib-package so I put it in the main
package.

Well, that is what I said. I just wanted to clarify that the normal
reaction of putting *.so files (being softlinks to be used by ld) into
-devel packages was okay, just that in this case it's a funnily named
plugin, not a lib.

Ciao,
Michael.