Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changelogs need changes?
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:38:15 +0100
anicka@xxxxxxx wrote:
There is one problem, though. Some projects have information scattered
in both NEWS and ChangeLog files, but I agree that it is a problem of
these projects, not distribution.

Sure. But usually, one is a summary of most important changes and the other
something like a dump of version control system logs. The only thing we really
have to do is to choose, which is more interesting and it is probably just up
to maintainer.

I'm aware of that of course, but I was talking about the less mature
projects where some of the developers put their changes into NEWS and
others into ChangeLog. These are very rare fortunately, but I've
encountered them :)

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o