Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE vs Fedora packaging documentation
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:36:06 +0100
On Feb 13, 09 16:53:12 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 13 février 2009, à 12:55 +0100, Stanislav Brabec a écrit :
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

What about the following:
* Create a cross-distribution (RPM based) consensus with other distros
(Fedora
was interested in this) on the following:

+ Use rpmbuild and rpm versions behaving equally on both distros.

It must be the first step, otherwise fix of one will break the other.

So I guess the first question is "how hard would it be to move to rpm
4.6?" and the second one is "did we try pushing our rpm patches to rpm
upstream?".

Or, basically, are we involved in the development of upstream rpm?

RPM upstream is torn into two upstreams.
One is Fedora, the other is Jeff Johnson.
I understand that we need to work towards one common RPM upstream
in order to make that pig fly again.

Not sure which 'we' should take lead.

sigh,
JW-