Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE vs Fedora packaging documentation
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:55:01 +0100
Andreas Jaeger wrote:

What about the following:
* Create a cross-distribution (RPM based) consensus with other distros
(Fedora
was interested in this) on the following:

+ Use rpmbuild and rpm versions behaving equally on both distros.

It must be the first step, otherwise fix of one will break the other.

+ create a unified document that contains both what we have in common and
documents differences
+ Decide to not introduce new differences but if one distribution needs to
enhance the document, it will be done together with the others so that we do
not diverge
+ work on the low-hanging fruits and sync those that are easy to do

Even if the complete merge might take some time, I think a goal would help -
not only openSUSE as distribution but everybody using the openSUSE Build
Service building packages for both Fedora and openSUSE!

Who'll start this?

Already started but without valuable output:
http://lists.rpm.org/pipermail/rpm-maint/2008-July/thread.html

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec