Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE vs Fedora packaging documentation
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:13:13 +0100
On Thursday 12 February 2009 13:20:13 Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:
90% of Fedora guidelines applies on openSUSE too. It would be relatively
easy to just take the Fedora guidelines and do some adjustments.

Another question is how to keep the Fedora and openSUSE versions of the
guidelines synced in the future.

What about the following:
* Create a cross-distribution (RPM based) consensus with other distros (Fedora
was interested in this) on the following:
+ create a unified document that contains both what we have in common and
documents differences
+ Decide to not introduce new differences but if one distribution needs to
enhance the document, it will be done together with the others so that we do
not diverge
+ work on the low-hanging fruits and sync those that are easy to do

Even if the complete merge might take some time, I think a goal would help -
not only openSUSE as distribution but everybody using the openSUSE Build
Service building packages for both Fedora and openSUSE!

Who'll start this?

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany