Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE vs Fedora packaging documentation
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:56:56 +0100
Am Donnerstag 12 Februar 2009 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Example: Imagine, that %run_ldconfig was deprecated in SuSE several
years ago, but it is still widely found in our packages. Exactly the
same situation affect Shared Library Packaging Rules. Now multiply the
amount of work (or time) to fix the whole distro by 5-10 and you are
near to the spec file unification.

Well, that's just a matter of making certain rpmlint check failures
finally fatal. It's just that someone will have to sustain the wrath
of packagers (and coolo who wants so create snapshots) afterwards :-)

I think, making them fatal is the final step. First collect which packages are
affected and create a list, so everyone can help sort it out.

Greetings, Stephan