[opensuse-packaging] Different build behaviour in Factory
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:58:34 +0100

Hello,

A significant change, how we build openSUSE:Factory and all repos building
against it have just made effective.

This change has the effect that we will not publish packages anymore when they
have effective not changed. So it should be way more comfortable to follow up
Factory.

The same message, a bit more verbose can be found here:

http://news.opensuse.org/2009/02/05/more-efficient-factory-development/

However, this is new stuff, so we might have introduced new problems, even
though we hope to have implemented this on the save side. But early in the
Alpha phase of 11.2 is a good point of time to test this :)

We may activate this compare check also in 11.1 and before builds later, but
lets first look how good it works for factory :)

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter