[opensuse-packaging] Please do not bypass the devel projects
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:11:41 +0100
Hi,

We just got 7 packages in GNOME:Factory that broke because the
project.diff files don't apply anymore: the packages were all updated in
Factory. It's not the first time it happens, and I'm sure each time it
happens, the person doesn't think it will break anything. But sometimes
it does :/

Don't get me wrong: I'm really happy to see people contributing to the
packages the GNOME team maintains, and especially when it comes to
cleaning up things -- it makes the world a better place. But it'd be
really nice to submit all updates to GNOME:Factory first. I think
Mozilla:Factory was hit by this issue in the past too, and I'd guess
other projects too.

So, please, think about the pain that people feel when they have to
handle those manual merges, and use the devel projects.

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.