[opensuse-packaging] small suggestion for the samba-client package
  • From: Ryan Moats <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:57:27 -0600
Folks-

I'm not quite sure if folks here or at samba@xxxxxxxxx are the right place
for this note - I'm guessing here because this suggestion has to do with the
samba-client package and not the underlying samba code itself.

For several releases of openSUSE now (at least back through 10.2), I've
been having to change the /etc/init.d/smbfs script to handle the fact that
I've got services that include a space character. The delta is a one liner
and after patching 11.1 I decided to throw the idea out into the ether and see
what happens.

Specifically I have the following diff:

115c115
< mount -t "${vfstype}" -o ${options}
${service} ${mountpoint} >/dev/null &
---
mount -t "${vfstype}" -o ${options}
"${service}" ${mountpoint} >/dev/null &

As you can see, it's not much, but it just makes my life easier.

Pointers for who the right person to talk to (and or submit the patch) would
be great - looking through the package information I wasn't quite sure who
the primary point of contact is.

Thanks -

Ryan Moats