Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to set javac target ?
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:02:52 +0100
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 02:26:39PM +0100, Bernhard Walle wrote:
* Stefan Dirsch [2008-10-27 14:15]:

Ok. So this basically means that packaging .jar files is impossible
using our buildservice. :-( Still the error message is confusing.

Well, I guess it's against our policy to ship "binaries". But the
technical benefits of recompiling Java class files are quite small
compared to the technical benefits of recompiling machine code.

During compilation the java target version can be set with: javac
-target 1.5 for example.

According to the Geotag website you need eclipse to build the sources.

http://geotag.sourceforge.net/?q=node/23

Not sure how this is supposed to work in our buildservice. :-(

Well, I think you don't *need* but he uses it. So, you still can
write a custom build.xml for Ant (some "make for java").

This doesn't look like a low hanging fruit given that I don't have
*any* experience WRT writing build.xml files for Ant and the deep
directory structure of geotag.

But honestly I also would think twice if I would do that ... or just
install the software locally. ;)

Sure, but the idea was to provide a package. I'm considering now to
disable this brp-check-bytecode-version check.

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany