Re: [opensuse-packaging] Stripping executables
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:00:03 +0200
On 2008-09-23 22:05:06 +0200, Michael Behrisch wrote:
Now, what can I do to strip my executables before packaging them?
Do I have to call strip by hand or I am just overlooking something?

you can enable debuginfo packages for your project

[[[
<debuginfo>
<enable/>
</debuginfo>
]]]

osc meta prj -e yourproject

and add this block above the first <repository> block (without the
[[[]]])

that will strip the binaries and create additional packages for easier
debugging.

And if it should not be project wide you could use the %debug_package
macro in your spec file (and add -g to your buildflags since
$RPM_OPT_FLAGS wouldn't have it in that case).

or even better use the same flag for the package only in the package meta
data.

All this is also nice reachable in the web interface btw ;)

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter