Re: [opensuse-packaging] z7 compressed archive handling
  • From: "Christian Morales Vega" <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:19:22 +0200
2008/9/19 Herbert Graeber <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Am Donnerstag 18 September 2008 19:42:23 schrieb Denny Beyer:
how can I handle *.z7 compressed archives in Build Service. I the ending
does not seem to be detected automatically for extraction.

7 zip compression is essentially the same as lzma. But I am not sure, if both
share the same file format. If it's the same, a rename from *.7z to *.lzma
should suffice.
7z is a container format that can contain data compressed with LZMA or
other formats, like bzip2. LZMA is the raw data that exists from the
encoder.
So no, a rename would not work.

If you want to use LZMA to store more than a single file on Unix you
would use .tar.lzma.