Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packager: rpm tag
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 14:50:52 +0200
On 2008-08-31 14:10:16 +0400, Nikolay Derkach wrote:
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
While cleaning up the libqca2 package according to rpmlint checks using osc
build, I got a warning that there are no Packager: tags in the packages.
After adding a Packager tag, I got a warning that I should not hardcode
Packager: becauser "rebuilder cannot change it". What's the correct
behaviour
here?

Build Service adds Packager tag automatically, there is no need to
explicitly state it.

Sadly this it not the case. :/

1) Is this rpmlint check spurious, eg since packages in the distro seem to
have a Packager tag of http://bugs.opensuse.org that was added
automatically?

IIRC, there was a bug that caused that warning. It's fixed in Factory.

the warning about the empty packager tag got disabled in factory but we
need to apply the same fix to 11.0.

adrian any time frame for this?

darix

--