Re: [opensuse-packaging] Menu handling
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:55:34 +0200

Vincent Untz wrote:
| Le mardi 22 avril 2008, à 23:31 +0200, Pascal Bleser a écrit :
[...]
|> Again, from my experience they almost never provide .desktop files that
|> match openSUSE's tree of categories.
|> Thinking of it, make that "almost never" a "never"
|
| Wouldn't it make sense to fix upstream desktop files to have the right
| categories? It would mean much less work.

No, they're not compatible.
SUSE chose to have more fine-grained and meaningful categories than what
Fedora (and upstream, almost always) is using.

If we want to use upstream (== Fedora) menu categories, then we have to
completely dump what we're using now and adopt theirs instead.

This would be a major usability change. No way :)

cheers
- --
~ -o) Pascal Bleser http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
~ /\\ <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx> <guru@xxxxxxxxxxx>
~ _\_v The more things change, the more they stay insane.