Re: [opensuse-packaging] Questions regarding branding policy
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:20:06 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2008 schrieb Stanislav Brabec:
Dirk Mueller wrote:
On Thursday 10 April 2008, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
It depends, whether libzypp will install supplementary packages
automatically, or only if dependencies are already selected.

if branding-openSUSE is installed, then all packages that supplement will
be installed as well.

Then both proposal and packages already done need to move to packageand
form. I'll prepare update and fixes.

In the first case, I should have to update specs and replace the plain
supplement by the packageand(foo:branding-openSUSE).

where foo is.. ?

The name of the package, which should be branded.

gimp-branding-openSUSE.spec:
Supplements: packageand(gimp:branding-openSUSE)

This is pretty urgent to fix. This is the list of packages pulled into
a base system - requiring many other packages.

bootsplash-branding-openSUSE
gfxboot-branding-openSUSE
gimp-branding-openSUSE
glib2-branding-openSUSE
kde4-kio_sysinfo-branding-openSUSE
kdebase4-workspace-branding-openSUSE

I fixed kde*4 and I think bootsplash-branding is the only one that should
stay there.

glib2-branding should be fine as long as it's not requring anything and
is as tiny as it is. I think gconf-branding-openSUSE wasn't pulled because
it supplements 10.3 not 11.0.

Greetings, Stephan