[opensuse-packaging] "knx" package should be removed - due to unmaintainence.
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:35:34 +0200
Hi all !

There is a very old NX-client package made by OSS community and never
updated. knx.
The problem is that it is based on NX v1 protocol, while current NX
implementation is v2 (FreeNX 0.50+ is v2 NX server) of NX protocol.
Those are not fully compatible, and therefore it makes errors and
doesn't always connects to the server.

In short, My recommendation: remove "knx" client (unmaintained), and
add Proprietary NoMachine's NX Client to the non-OSS CD. (from
www.nomachine.com/download )

I know this is a hard decision to move from OSS to Proprietary
software, but in this case a needed one, unless someone agrees to
maintain the OSS client.

LfL includes a full article, written by me, about NX technology.

--
-Alexey Eremenko "Technologov"