Re: [opensuse-packaging] problematic new path naming structure
  • From: Robert Schiele <rschiele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:44:14 +0100
On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 09:34:02AM +0100, Herbert Graeber wrote:
> Usually I remove old subdirectories in /lib/modules after checking what
> orphaned modules have been left. Now this task is more difficult. For
> someone who doesn't known that there are links into the old modules
> subdir it may be dangerous, because some modules will be lost.
>
> How about copying modules from the old modules dir into the new one
> instead of linking to it?

And thus making the package management system lose track of these files? I
think this is not wise for the long term.

You could just check for files in directories whether they are registered with
a package and only delete the directory if none of them is.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker mailto:rschiele@xxxxxxxxx