Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Please consider including VirtualBox with openSUSE 10.3
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:39:29 +0200
We're planning on making it easier for package to go into the main
distribution in the future and I hope that it can be done that way.

I'll mark this for now and will discuss it later again. But for now
let me ask under which license VirtualBox is so that we can check
whether we can include it at all,

Hi Andreas!

VirtualBox has several licenses. One of them is GPL, which is the
version we are discussing for inclusion.

VirtualBox is a very powerful Virtualization solution, similar to
VMware, but Open-Source.

My Documentation is already of high-quality, submitted to LfL, and
therefore licensed under GFDL (as all content in LfL). Plus, I
promised to update it constantly.

There is a pre-rendered version of it available.

You can read my article here: (NOTE: link will expire soon, so if you
have problem, email me, and I will send you the article directly)
http://download.yousendit.com/6E957103384F0318

On a side-note: I'm a bit unhappy due to lack of LfL in the latest
Alpha of openSUSE.

-Alexey