Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:17:36 +0100
On Mar 15, 07 17:22:18 +0100, andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Michael Matz wrote:
>
> > When it's obvious it needs no comment (just that, as already said here,
> > obviousness is a difficult measure).
>
> I agree that commenting everything is inappropriate and I also don't
> think that making comments mandatory is practicible, but good comments
> can prevent re-introduction of already fixed bugs.

Good point. Mandatory comments are counter productive.

If comments are mandatory, they will be more often at the
bullshit end of the spectrum than not.
With a high noise level around it, even the good comments become useless.
So -- let us fight against those comments, that repeat just the obvious.

cheers,
Jw.

<V> | jw@xxxxxxx wide open suse_/ _---|____________\/
\ | 0911 74053-508 (tm)__/ (____/ /\