Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Klaus Singvogel <kssingvo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:40:38 +0100
Johannes Meixner wrote:

> I do not have the time to write no comments!
>
> Reason:
> When I work some time later again on the package I might
> perhaps not remember every detail why I did what and then
> my comments save my time.

So, you're telling us, that because someone might not remember (or
understand) an obvious removal, any packager needs to comment in
future any removal, even the obvious ones? Come on...

It's not just about remembering, it's even about understanding.

So, is this rule introduction "any removal needs a mandatory comment
in future" an advantage or a hindrance?

I think no need of such an rule is the better way, because then there
is even no rule to hide important comments through overloading the
specfile with non-important ones.

I think every packager should still be able to decide on his own if it
is necessary to have a comment for an "rm" or not. Programing obvious
things without a need to comment is sometimes an advantage.

There should be no such automatic testing.

Regards,
Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel