Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:41:14 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Mar 15 14:58 Juergen Weigert wrote (shortened):
> The concept of 'totally obvious' is an illusion.

You got the idea because:

> I use this as a rule of thumb:
> Whenever I read my own code a second time, and have to think about
> a line for more than a split second, I put a comment next to it
> with the results of my analysis.

I use a bit different rule of thumb:
Whenever I write whatever kind of code and have to think about it
for more than a few seconds, I put a meaningful comment next to it
about what I had in mind (usually just a hint to point me into the
right direction when I read the code later again).

For example:

NOT:
# remove icon
rm icon.png