Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:31:17 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Mar 15 14:35 Klaus Singvogel wrote (shortened):
> Please explain to me: which maintainer is having so much time?

I do not have the time to write no comments!

Reason:
When I work some time later again on the package I might
perhaps not remember every detail why I did what and then
my comments save my time.

By the way 1:
It is the same idea as with the poor hunter who cannot afford
to have a cheap gun.

By the way 2:
How I "like" it when others change my spec files without a
meaningful comment in the spec file what was done and why
because it wastes my time when I must find out from a meaningless
one line comment in the changes file what actually had happened
(therefore I carefully watch the autobuld check-in mails).

By the way 3:
Perhaps I should buy a solid gun?
;-)

Kind Regards