Re: [opensuse-packaging] Proposal: Any "rm" in .spec %install must be commented
  • From: Klaus Singvogel <kssingvo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:35:27 +0100
Johannes Meixner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mar 15 11:45 Stanislav Brabec wrote (shortened):
> > So I propose:
> > Each removal in %install phase must be correctly commented

Please explain to me: which maintainer is having so much time?

> I suggest even more:
> Everything in the spec file where it is not totally obvious
> what it does and why it is done must be commented so that an
> external person understands what it does and why it is done.

Yes, and please add a short and a longer abstract of all included
documentation in the specfile too. And comment out, why you didn't
add a FAQ too, if there is none included.

Don't forget to mention: Please explain in long comments why
your %name differs from the main project name.

Regards,
Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel