[opensuse-packaging] application for mime type - priority
  • From: Pavel Nemec <pnemec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 10:26:58 +0100
Hi,
i need to figure out how to set priority for mime type. So when two
application
will associate same mime type i can set which application will be default.

I find out that for GNOME there is a file
/etc/opt/gnome/gnome-defaults.conf
which contains such settings. This file is latter processed by script
/sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.gnome-vfs2
which throw out missed apps and so on.
So if i am right everything i need is add my application to [1] and run
SUSEconfig.gnome-vfs
Q1: how is right way to edit this file? or just call
cat myconfig.desktp >>[1] ?

For KDE i found that there is "extension" [2]: InitialPreference=X (which is
forbidden by freedesktop [3])
This option is used in /opt/kde3/share realm.

Q2: So do i need install two destkop file one in /usr/share/application and
second(with additional option InitialPreference) in /opt/kde3/...

Thanks
Pavel

[1] - /etc/opt/gnome/gnome-defaults.conf
[2] -
http://docs.kde.org/cgi-bin/desktopdig/search.cgi?show=development/en/kdebase/userguide/file-associations.html&collection=en&include=/development/&q=mime
[3] -
http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-1.0.html#mime-types