Re: [opensuse-packaging] Macro documentation
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:16:00 +0200
On Aug 13, 06 21:48:54 +0200, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> > opensuse.org -> Documentation -> Developer Ducomentation -> Package
> > Conventions
> Does not work for me. It's
> opensuse.org -> Documentation -> Development -> Developer Documentation ->
> Package Conventions
> or
> http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/SUSE_Package_Conventions

Thanks for posting the actual URL, because none of the given paths work
for me. In Developer Documentation ther is *no* Package Conventions
link. Maybe it was removed because it is dead old.

Or I need new glasses.

> However the documente was uploaded in april 2005 and says it's rev. 1.0 from
> january 2005. So are we really sure that it's up to date?

No, it is not. E.g. it still talks about #neededforbuild, which is
autobuild only.

Yes, SUSE rpm macro documentation still sucks. Won't complain, as I
don't have time to work on this either :-/

CU

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>, SuSE labs, Zimmer 3.2.06, Tel. 74053-715