Re: [opensuse-packaging] y2pmbuild and suse-update sources
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:27:12 +0200
Hi,

On Sunday, August 13, 2006 at 11:47:06, David Keller wrote:

> I just made my first experience with y2pmbuild and packed some
> applications and libraries. All worked fine.
> Yet I would like to pack a kernel-module and later install it on my
> system. Through yast online-update I managed to have kernel-2.6.16.21
> installed on my box. But when I try to build the module with y2pmbuild I
> get an rpm-file which is built on kernel-2.6.16.13.
> My dists_common file looks like this:
>
> ****snip*****
> # additional sources, specify with url_...
> add_sources="suse susenonoss"
>
> # suse here is the one from $add_sources
> url_suse="http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/";
> url_susenonoss="http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/non-oss-inst-source/";
> url_suseupdate="http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/pub/suse/update/10.1";
> *****snip*****
>
> Don't care about the hard-coded version in the sources yet (I know how
> to replace it with a more general formulation, but had no need to do it
> so far).
> Seemingly it is not possible to add the source suseupdate by replacing
> the add_sources-tag with add_sources="suse susenonoss suseupdate". This
> results in a lot of unresolved conflicts in the initialization of y2pmbuild.
>
> Does somebody know a workaround?

This is because the update repos are in the rpm-md format which knows
nothing about file provides (like /bin/sh) but contains files that need
this. The only way i know to workaround this is to transfer them into
the yast2 format with the EXTRA_PROV file from the 10.1 repos.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, http://hennevogel.de
"To die. In the rain. Alone."