Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatically installing "plugins" via dependencies
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:05:14 +0200
On 2006-06-13 14:36:24 +0200, Reinhard Max wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 at 13:38, Marcus Rueckert wrote:
>
> > shouldnt the same work for you aswell?
>
> Yes, probably, but I already explained why I din't want to do it that
> way. I consider it easier to skip some automatic dependencies and keep
> everything in one package than "simply" creating all those tiny
> subpackages and having to maintain their metadata in the PDB.
>
> IMHO we have way too many of those micro-packages already.

imho we have way to many of those "fat pull in all dependencies" packages.
what happens in your jabber package if the required library for a plugin
isnt found?

imho the dependencies are the way to solve this. and just making rpm
blind for those dependencies is an ugly hack.

just my 2 cents

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux