Re: [opensuse-packaging] Automatically installing "plugins" via dependencies
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:38:06 +0200
On 2006-06-13 13:27:22 +0200, Reinhard Max wrote:
> I recently had the same problem with the jabberd package. It supports
> a variety of database backends, but I didn't want to add all those
> libraries to the dependency list of the package, and I didn't want to
> add half a dozen plugin packages that contain more metadata than
> payload.
>
> So I decided to keep all the plugins in the main package, but exclude
> them from the automatic dependency checking.
>
> As jabberd doesn't try to load any plugins it hasn't been configured
> for, I think this was the best solution for my case. Not sure how well
> it applies to other plugin-capable packages.

i have the same "problem" with dspam and pdns. but i dont think it is
this hard:

http://zen.sh.nu/~darix/dspam.spec
http://zen.sh.nu/~darix/pdns.spec

i simply moved all backends, that require new libraries, into subpackages.
For dspam i solved it with some virtual provides/requires. in case of
pdns it has some working backends in the main package.

shouldnt the same work for you aswell?

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux