Re: [opensuse-marketing] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2
On 10/25/2016 01:14 PM, Richard Brown wrote:
On 25 October 2016 at 13:01, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Douglas DeMaio schrieb:

We are nearing the release of openSUSE Leap 42.2 and we encourage
everyone reading this email to help promote our newest release,
however you want to do that. To help promote it, our marketing team
has been brainstorming a few ways to promote it. One of those is to
post messages on social media. The social media plan is updated in
English at https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_launch_plan

Could we move away from those version numbers please? Who cares
about gcc 4.8.5 or python 3.4.5? Version numbers may be interesting
for a rolling distribtion like TW that advertises having always the
latest and greatest. That is not what Leap aims for.

+1, we really should NOT talk about version numbers with Leap, it's
antithetical to the whole point of the distribution, unlike Tumbleweed
where it is a cornerstone of it's offering compared to other
distributions (including our own).

So what's really cool about Leap?

A few ideas -
It's stability
it's shared codebase with SLE
it's broader software selection than SLE
all the testing (manual and automated) that has been done on it
all of the contributions that have been put into it
all of the bugs that have been fixed during the development period

Most of those things apply to any version of Leap. It's always nice to
remember them on every new version but I would extend (or focus) the
question - what's really cool about Leap 42.2?

Maybe compared to the previous release, to other distributions being
released in the same time-frame...

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa