Re: [opensuse-marketing] Opensuse marketing strategy ?
  • From: Alexandre bonhomme <abonhomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 23:08:02 +0200
Dear all,
Thanks for the answers.
I will have a look to the wiki pages and go back to you if I have some
more questions.
Best regards
Alexandre

On 2012-05-19 19:10:07 (+1000), Helen South <helen.south@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)
<iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Something that AJ always says (and not only AJ).
It's openSUSE. Even if o is the first letter of new sentence.
Not Opensuse or OpenSUSE.

Absolutely right mate, but we usually save the grammar corrections
until after we've said g'day :)

Hehe, indeed.

Stathis, I know there was no such intention, but the way you
phrased it most probably comes around as pretty rude (just
giving you that feedback so you know, don't get your feelings
hurt ;)).

Let's please add a little bit of attention to such details,
especially when someone new is joining and doesn't know much
about the very relaxed tone and international context of our
project (most aren't native english speakers, etc...).

To rephrase:
---8<---------------------------------------------------------
Hi (bonjour?) Alexandre,
your contributions would be very welcome, and so are you.

Let's get in touch with the team to help you out if
questions arise. One way is to poke us on the
#opensuse-marketing channel on irc.freenode.net or on
#opensuse-project (my nickname there is "yaloki" btw), or this
mailing-list, quite obviously.

On a side note, it's spelled "openSUSE", always, thanks for
caring about that detail :)

We're a very friendly bunch of people, let's not give the wrong
impression through minor communication issues, that would be a
pity :)

cheers
--
 -o) Pascal Bleser