Re: [opensuse-m17n] Does our xim process need an update?
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:57:04 +0200,
Fuminobu TAKEYAMA wrote:

> But it's before the window manager or
> other setup gets started, so something weird may happen easily...

That's why chameleon-tongue is launched by XDG autostart.

So, IM at the very first login won't work? The autostart phase is
already after the environment variable setup.

I know if some settings was changed by chameleon tongue,
the user have to log out the session, unfortunately.

I think this is understandable for many users (although annoying).
But if we force users to relogin for activating IM at the first login,
its annoyance factor appears higher.

thanks,

Takashi

On 2015/07/20 23:51, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:30:19 +0200,
Fuminobu TAKEYAMA wrote:

>>> Do you mean that it will help for users to choose the primary IMF at
>>> installation? I don't get exactly in which situation you supposed.
> I'm also interested about this, Could you give me some detail?

That is not my idea.
I think chameleon-tongue should allow users to choose IMF and IMs at
the first login.

Hmm, but how would it ask practically? We need to determine the IMF
at the very beginning of X session. Does it kick off an X client
program to let user select? But it's before the window manager or