Re: [opensuse-m17n] Does our xim process need an update?
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 10:36 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, the idea is technically interesting, but this seems bringing
more trouble than gain, so far. Most users don't care much about
switching IMF, as long as its usability is kept, but rather more about
IM engine...

Sure, most users don't care, but we M17N developers do care :-)

Currently almost all IMF bugs go to me as bug owner in the end, so I myself
actually need a technology to test IMF without relogin...

And once some nerd users discussed about eg: use ibus-mozc and
fcitx-sunpinyin together...so they can get the best user experience
both on niconico and chinese
microblog :-)

So I think if there's solution existing by tweaks/combinations of
current available
technologies/applications, that would be a job worthly to be done, at
least in my view :-)

So in short my question is still: is it possible(no matter the
inconsistency), like develop
a wrapper to take over all the IMF env setting job and then pass
through to applications.

eg: just set a GTK_IM_MODULE=inputmethod-daemon and inputmethod-daemon will
be fcitx/ibus/other IMFs.

Marguerite