Re: [opensuse-m17n] Does our xim process need an update?
On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 05:58:41 +0200,
Qiang Zhao wrote:

在 2015年07月16日 21:26, Fuminobu TAKEYAMA 写道:
Hi Marguerite,

> 0. Is there any way in shell script, that allows us to dynamically
> change input method framework without restart?

GTK and Qt applications can switch its IM.
But I think there is no way to do from shell script.

If we implement GTK IM module/Qt IM module/xim proxy, it could do that.

> 1. And I could not find the fate to deprecate fcitx, can somebody
brief me?

I do not know any opinion to deprecate fcitx.
It's not because of fate. fcitx is an excellent IM.
The reason is, our ibus customer number is far more than fcitx in current.
: -)

FYI, it's FATE#319095, and note that it's targeted only for SLE12.
For SLE12, this may make sense from the maintenance cost POV, as fcitx
is installed only for Chinese locale as a stop gap.

openSUSE is a completely different story. It's a different world and
a different maintenance model.

Takashi