Re: [opensuse-m17n] Does our xim process need an update?
Hi Marguerite,

> 0. Is there any way in shell script, that allows us to dynamically
> change input method framework without restart?

GTK and Qt applications can switch its IM.
But I think there is no way to do from shell script.

If we implement GTK IM module/Qt IM module/xim proxy, it could do that.

> 1. And I could not find the fate to deprecate fcitx, can somebody brief me?

I do not know any opinion to deprecate fcitx.

> 2. chameleon-tongue should take GTK2/GTK3, QT4/QT5 into consideration,
> that is such env as GTK3_IM_MODULE :-)

If some IMFs need it, it should support those environment variable.
For example, ibus-mozc is buggy on Qt 5 application.
So I maybe should set QT5_IM_MODULE=xim

0. Is there any way in shell script, that allows us to dynamically
change input method framework without restart?

That would be really awesome.

1. And I could not find the fate to deprecate fcitx, can somebody brief me?

2. chameleon-tongue should take GTK2/GTK3, QT4/QT5 into consideration,
that is such env as GTK3_IM_MODULE :-)

Marguerite