Re: [opensuse-m17n] Takao Fonts - community developed derivatives of IPA Fonts - are available.
  • From: Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 00:04:06 +0900
Subject: Re: [opensuse-m17n] Takao Fonts - community developed
derivatives of IPA Fonts - are available.
From: Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx>
To: Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 00:55:21 GMT+0900 (JST)

The IPA font spec file is a bit outdate. You can clean up the spec
file for new packages a bit. Namely,

- Recent packages tend to omit "Authors" list in the package
description
- The conversion of *.txt via dos2unix is unlikely needed for this
package
- Better to use %{version} to Sources and %setup macro as much as
possible

Otherwise looks fine to me.
Feel free to submit first to M17N repo. Then we can adjust
fonts-config to put this as a preferred font, then eventually submit
to openSUSE 11.3.

There are a few places where IPA fonts are used statically, e.g. in
the installation. These can be fixed once after this new font is
merged.

I've followed the advices and revised some additional minor problems,
including:

- Changed the package name to 'takao-fonts' (former name was 'takeo-
fonts' due to my typo :-P)
- 2009 -> 2010 in Copyright description in spec file
- Removed dos2unix from BuildRequires
- Added README* and ChangeLog to each %doc sections

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=takao-fonts&project=home%3AHeliosReds

One more thing I'm not sure is, whether it is OK or not, that I divided
the package into 4 RPMs - TakaoGothic, TakaoMincho, TakaoPGothic and
TakaoPMincho. That's because I referred to the spec file for IPAPGothic
package.

If there are no other problems by packaging, can I submit the package
directly to M17N repo instead of M17N:Devel repo ?

Best,

--
_/_/ Satoru Matsumoto - openSUSE Member - Japan _/_/
_/_/ Marketing/Weekly News/openFATE Screening Team _/_/