Printing Japanese Text
  • From: ugroh@xxxxxxxxxxx (Ulrich Groh)
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 17:18:36 +0000 (UTC)
How can I print Japanes text from mail, webbrowser etc?

What I did so far:

1. I have a HP 1200 PS printer with non japanese fonts but who understands
HPLjet4.

2. I added a printer queue with LJET4 as printer driver (CUSP menue in YAST2)

3. The printer works and prints fine.

4. I can translate ps-file with gs-command to ljet4-print files and
averythings works fine (also the printer prints japanese e.g. if I tex the
Wadalab-test file and translate the dvi -> ps -> ljet4 it works
( I use the command gs -sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutfile.ljet infile.ps)

5. But if I try to print with the print-command from inside applications (e.g.
Morzilla) I don't get Japanese output.

What do I wrong?
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards