[opensuse-kubic] New Kubic snapshot 20201007 released!
  • From: Richard Brown <rbrown@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 13:04:22 +0000

Please note that this mail was generated by a script.
The described changes are computed based on the x86_64 DVD.
The full online repo contains too many changes to be listed here.

Please check the known defects of this snapshot before upgrading:
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/overview?distri=kubic&groupid=1&version=Tumbleweed&build=20201007
https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/buglist.cgi?product=openSUSE%20Tumbleweed&component=Kubic&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

Please do not reply to this email to report issues, rather file a bug on
bugzilla.opensuse.org.
For more information on filing bugs please see
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
Packages changed:
checkpolicy (3.0 -> 3.1)
gettext-runtime (0.20.2 -> 0.21)
glibc (2.31 -> 2.32)
installation-images-MicroOS (16.19 -> 16.22)
libselinux (3.0 -> 3.1)
libsemanage (3.0 -> 3.1)
libsepol (3.0 -> 3.1)
mcstrans (3.0 -> 3.1)
mozilla-nss
ncurses (6.2.20200711 -> 6.2.20200912)
policycoreutils (3.0 -> 3.1)
restorecond (3.0 -> 3.1)
tcpd

=== Details ===

==== checkpolicy ====
Version update (3.0 -> 3.1)

- Update to version 3.1
* checkpolicy treats invalid characters as an error - might break rare use
cases (intentionally)
* Drop extern_te_assert_t.patch, is upstream

==== gettext-runtime ====
Version update (0.20.2 -> 0.21)
Subpackages: libtextstyle0

- Add multiple new features (bsc#1165138)
- Add patches:
* 0001-msgcat-Add-feature-to-use-the-newest-po-file.patch
* 0002-msgcat-Merge-headers-when-use-first.patch
- Reintroduce utoreconf call
- Update to 0.21:
* Programming languages support:
- Shell:
o xgettext now recognizes and ignores 'env' invocations and environment
variable assignments in front of commands.
- Java:
o xgettext now recognizes format strings in the Formatter syntax. They
are marked as 'java-printf-format' in POT and PO files.
o xgettext now recognizes text blocks as string literals.
- JavaScript:
xgettext parses JSX expressions more reliably.
- Ruby:
o xgettext now supports Ruby.
o 'msgfmt -c' now verifies the syntax of translations of Ruby format
strings.
* Improvements for translators:
- When msgfmt writes a MO file, it now does so in such a way that processes
that are currently using an older copy of the MO file will not crash.
* Libtextstyle:
- Added support for emitting hyperlinks.
- New API for doing formatted output.
- The example programs support the NO_COLOR environment variable.

==== glibc ====
Version update (2.31 -> 2.32)
Subpackages: glibc-locale glibc-locale-base

- Keep nsswitch.conf in /etc for SLES15
- syslog-locking.patch: Correct locking and cancellation cleanup in syslog
functions (bsc#1172085, BZ #26100)
- ifunc-fma4.patch: x86-64: Fix FMA4 detection in ifunc (BZ #26534)
- Update to glibc 2.32
* Unicode 13.0.0 Support
* New locale added: ckb_IQ
* The GNU C Library now loads audit modules listed in the DT_AUDIT and
DT_DEPAUDIT dynamic section entries of the main executable
* powerpc64le supports IEEE128 long double libm/libc redirects when
using the -mabi=ieeelongdouble to compile C code on supported GCC
toolchains
* To help detect buffer overflows and other out-of-bounds accesses
several APIs have been annotated with GCC 'access' attribute
* On Linux, functions the pthread_attr_setsigmask_np and
pthread_attr_getsigmask_np have been added
* The GNU C Library now provides the header file <sys/single_threaded.h>
which declares the variable __libc_single_threaded
* The functions sigabbrev_np and sigdescr_np have been added
* The functions strerrorname_np and strerrordesc_np have been added
* AArch64 now supports standard branch protection security hardening
in glibc when it is built with a GCC that is configured with
- -enable-standard-branch-protection (or if -mbranch-protection=standard
flag is passed when building both GCC target libraries and glibc,
in either case a custom GCC is needed)
* The deprecated <sys/sysctl.h> header and the sysctl function have been
removed
* The sstk function is no longer available to newly linked binaries
* The legacy signal handling functions siginterrupt, sigpause, sighold,
sigrelse, sigignore and sigset, and the sigmask macro have been
deprecated
* ldconfig now defaults to the new format for ld.so.cache
* The deprecated arrays sys_siglist, _sys_siglist, and sys_sigabbrev
are no longer available to newly linked binaries, and their declarations
have been removed from <string.h>
* The deprecated symbols sys_errlist, _sys_errlist, sys_nerr, and _sys_nerr
are no longer available to newly linked binaries, and their declarations
have been removed from from <stdio.h>
* Both strerror and strerror_l now share the same internal buffer in the
calling thread, meaning that the returned string pointer may be invalided
or contents might be overwritten on subsequent calls in the same thread or
if the thread is terminated
* Using weak references to libpthread functions such as pthread_create
or pthread_key_create to detect the singled-threaded nature of a
program is an obsolescent feature
* The "files" NSS module no longer supports the "key" database (used for
secure RPC)
* The __morecore and __after_morecore_hook malloc hooks and the default
implementation __default_morecore have been deprecated
* The hesiod NSS module has been deprecated and will be removed in a
future version of glibc
* CVE-2016-10228: An infinite loop has been fixed in the iconv program when
invoked with the -c option and when processing invalid multi-byte input
sequences
* CVE-2020-10029: Trigonometric functions on x86 targets suffered from stack
corruption when they were passed a pseudo-zero argument
* CVE-2020-1752: A use-after-free vulnerability in the glob function when
expanding ~user has been fixed.
* CVE-2020-6096: A signed comparison vulnerability in the ARMv7 memcpy and
memmove functions has been fixed
- riscv-syscall-clobber.patch, ldbl-96-rem-pio2l.patch,
long-double-alias.patch: Removed

==== installation-images-MicroOS ====
Version update (16.19 -> 16.22)

- merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#428
- include all of xorg-x11-server
- 16.22
- merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#427
- ensure /proc is mounted in chroot environments (bsc#1176972)
- 16.21
- merge gh#openSUSE/installation-images#426
- Extra yast module for common criteria (boo#1176982)
- 16.20

==== libselinux ====
Version update (3.0 -> 3.1)
Subpackages: libselinux1 selinux-tools

- Update to version 3.1:
* selinux/flask.h, selinux/av_permissions.h and sepol/policydb/flask.h were
removed. All userspace object managers should have been updated to use the
dynamic class/perm mapping support.
Use string_to_security_class(3) and string_to_av_perm(3) to map the class
and permission names to their policy values, or selinux_set_mapping(3) to
create a mapping from class and permission index values used by the
application to the policy values.
* Removed restrictions in libsepol and checkpolicy that required all declared
initial SIDs to be assigned a context.
* Support for new policy capability genfs_seclabel_symlinks
* selinuxfs is mounted with noexec and nosuid
* `security_compute_user()` was deprecated

==== libsemanage ====
Version update (3.0 -> 3.1)

- Add /var/lib/selinux
- Remove libsemanage-update-map-file.patch to prevent checkers from declining
the submission. Keeping the snippet in the spec file in case we try to
enable LTO again
- Update to version 3.1
* Improved manpage
* fsync final files before rename
- Disabled LTO again. This breaks e.g. shadow and also other packages
in security:SELinux
- Fix build with LTO: [bsc#1133102]
* Enable LTO (Link Time Optimization) and build with -ffat-lto-objects
* Update map file to include new symbols and remove wildcards
- Add libsemanage-update-map-file.patch

==== libsepol ====
Version update (3.0 -> 3.1)

- Update to version 3.1
* Add support for new polcap genfs_seclabel_symlinks
* Initialize the multiple_decls field of the cil db
* Return error when identifier declared as both type and attribute
* Write CIL default MLS rules on separate lines
* Sort portcon rules consistently
* Remove leftovers of cil_mem_error_handler
* Drop remove_cil_mem_error_handler.patch, is included

==== mcstrans ====
Version update (3.0 -> 3.1)

- Update to version 3.1
* fix memory leak in new_context_str

==== mozilla-nss ====

- Add patch to fix build on aarch64 - boo#1176934:
* nss-freebl-fix-aarch64.patch

==== ncurses ====
Version update (6.2.20200711 -> 6.2.20200912)
Subpackages: libncurses6 ncurses-utils terminfo-base

- Add ncurses patch 20200912
+ add configure-check for systre/tre with mingw configuration, to get
the library-dependencies as seen in msys2 configuration for mingw64.
+ build-fixes for the win32-driver configuration.
+ use more defensive binary mode setting for Win32 (Juergen Pfeifer).
- Add ncurses patch 20200907
+ fix regression in setupterm validating non-empty $TERM (report by
Soren Tempel).
- Add ncurses patch 20200906
+ merge/adapt in-progress work by Juergen Pfeifer for new version of
win32-driver.
+ correct description of vt330/vt340 (Ross Combs).
- Add ncurses patch 20200831
+ build-fix for awk-scripts modified for win32-driver (report by Werner
Fink).
- Drop workaround patch awk-scripts.patch as now upstream fixed
- Add patch awk-scripts.patch as workaround for patch 20200829
- Add ncurses patch 20200829
+ remove a redundant NCURSES_EXPORT as a build-fix for "Maarten
Anonymous".
+ merge/adapt in-progress work by Juergen Pfeifer for new version of
win32-driver.
+ modify configure script, moving gcc -Werror options to EXTRA_CFLAGS
to avoid breaking configure-checks (adapted from ongoing work on
mawk and lynx).
> errate for terminfo.src (report by Florian Weimer):
+ correct icl6404 csr
+ correct ti916 cup
+ improve ndr9500
- Refresh patch ncurses-6.2.dif
- Add ncurses patch 20200822
+ improve version-number extraction in MKlib_gen.sh
+ make the test-package for manpages installable by adjusting the
man_db.renames file.
+ correct an off-by-one loop-limit in convert_strings function
(report by Yue Tai).
+ add CF_SHARED_OPTS cases for HPE NonStop systems (Randall S Becker).
+ modify CF_SHARED_OPTS case for NetBSD to use the same "-shared"
option for the non-rpath case as for the rpath case, to allow gcc to
provide suitable runtime initialization (report by Rajeev V Pillai).
- Disable wgetch-events as it is deprecated and breaks build of
other packages
- Add ncurses patch 20200817
+ reduce build-warnings by excluding ncurses-internals from deprecation
warnings.
+ mark wgetch-events feature as deprecated.
+ add definition for $(LIBS) to ncurses/Makefile.in, to simplify builds
using the string-hacks option.
+ prevent KEY_EVENT from appearing in curses.h unless the configure
option --enable-wgetch-events is used (report by Werner Fink).
- Add ncurses patch 20200816
+ amend tic/infocmp check to allow for the respective tool's absence
(report by Steve Wills, cf: 20200808).
+ improved some of the build-scripts with shellcheck
+ filter out -MT/-MD/-MTd/-MDd options in script for Visual Studio C++
(discussion with "Maarten Anonymous").
- Add ncurses patch 20200808
+ improve discussion of the system's tic utility when used as part
of cross-compiling (discussion with Keith Marshall).
+ modify configuration checks for build-time tic/infocmp to use
AC_CHECK_TOOL. That can still be overridden by --with-tic-path and
- -with-infocmp-path when fallbacks are used, but even if not using
fallbacks, the improved check may help with cross-compiling
(discussion with Keith Marshall).
+ other build-fixes for Ada95 with MinGW.
+ modify Ada95 source-generation utility to write to a file given as
parameter rather than to the standard output, allowing builds with
MinGW.
- Add ncurses patch 20200801
+ remove remaining parts of checks for ISC Unix (cf: 20121006).
+ add user32.lib to LDFLAGS for Visual Studio C++ configuration
(discussion with "Maarten Anonymous").
+ modify MKkey_defs.sh to hide ncurses' definition of KEY_EVENTS to
reduce Visual Studio C++ redefinition warnings.
+ improve/update checks for external functions in test/configure
- Add ncurses patch 20200725
+ set LINK_TESTS in CF_SHARED_OPTS for msvc (patch by
"Maarten Anonymous")
+ improved workaround for redefinition-warnings for KEY_EVENT.
+ improve man/term.5 section on legacy storage format (report by
Florian Weimer).
- Add ncurses patch 20200718
+ reduce redefinition-warnings for KEY_EVENT when building with Visual
Studio C++.
+ define NCURSES_STATIC when compiling programs to link with static
libraries, to work with MinGW vs Visual Studio C++.
> additional changes for building with Visual Studio C++ and msys2
(reports/patches by "Maarten Anonymous")
+ modify c++/Makefile.in to set the current directory while compiling
the main program, so the linker can find related objects.
+ several changes to allow the c++/demo program to compile/link.
+ change an ifdef in test-directory, to use VC++ wide-character funcs.

==== policycoreutils ====
Version update (3.0 -> 3.1)

- Add get_os_version.patch
get_os_version is implemented in a very RH/Fedora specific way.
Ensure that it returns a valid string for SUSE by changing the
default. Also remove the RH specific logic when generating HTML
versions of the SELinux documentation
- Align more with Fedora spec file to get rid of python dependencies
in the core system
- create new python-utils sub-package
- move some tools to devel sub-package
- Cleanup dependencies
- Proper default permissions for newrole (4755)
- Update to version 3.1
* New `setfiles -E` option - treat conflicting specifications as errors, such
as where two hardlinks for the same inode have different contexts.
* `setsebool -V` reports errors from commit phase
* matchpathcon related interfaces are deprecated
* New `restorecon -x` option which prevents it from crossing file system
* boundaries.
* `sepolgen-ifgen` parses a gen_tunable statement as bool
* Removed Requires for python3-ipy as the ipaddress module is used. No
requires for python-ipaddress as it's assumed this is used only on recent
systems
* Drop chcat_join.patch, is upstream

==== restorecond ====
Version update (3.0 -> 3.1)

- Use proper macros for SYSTEMDSYSTEMUNITDIR and SYSTEMDUSERUNITDIR
- Update to version 3.1
* `restorecond_user.service` - new systemd user service which runs
`restorecond -u`

- tcp_wrappers_7.6-shared-lib.diff: Linux has STRERROR not SYS_ERRLIST
[bsc#1175272]