Re: [opensuse-kubic] Kubic and cloud-config: Which part of the wiki is correct?
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 15:23:21 -0400
On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 3:19 PM Johannes Kastl <kastl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

https://en.opensuse.org/Kubic:MicroOS/cloud-init says:

"Configuration of the openSUSE Kubic kubeadm node is currently not
implemented."

"Configuration of an openSUSE Kubic Cluster Node with cloud-init is currently
not implemented."

But the example configuration later on shows some things using the suse_caasp
namespace.

--- cite start ---
suse_caasp:
role: admin
--- cite end ---

--- cite start ---
suse_caasp:
role: cluster
admin_node: admin.example.com
--- cite end ---

I guess the examples are wrong as the current setup does not resemble what I
remember from my CaaSP 3.x or 4.x experiments.

If someone confirms, I can remove the wrong lines from examples in the wiki.

I cannot speak for CaaSP, but openSUSE MicroOS and all derivatives do
not use cloud-config at all, since they do not ship cloud-init. They
use Ignition configs, derived from the Fedora CoreOS grammar, defined
by the Fedora CoreOS Config Transpiler, packaged as
ignition-config-transpiler in openSUSE.

Information on FCCT YAML format is available here:
https://github.com/coreos/fcct/blob/master/docs/getting-started.md