[opensuse-kubic] Heads Up! Please don't let me break Factory (yet)
Hi all,

As we are moving to cri-o by default, I've just sent the following
SR's to devel:kubic (and
devel:CaaSP:Head:ControllerNode in the case of docker-kubic)

cri-o 629274
kubernetes 629273
patterns-caasp 629272
docker-kubic 629275

TLDR; PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT THE ABOVE SR's to Factory.
Feel free to review, comment, accept to devel:kubic, but do not to
Factory - I will take care of that.

Aleksa/anyone
I also have an open question - docker-kubic automatically resolves
these two issues with kubeadm:
[ERROR FileContent--proc-sys-net-bridge-bridge-nf-call-iptables]:
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-
iptables does not exist
[ERROR FileContent--proc-sys-net-ipv4-ip_forward]:
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward contents are not set
to 1

Now I've replaced it with CRI-O people need to "modprobe br_netfilter"
and "echo '1' >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward"

How does docker-kubic take care of that so we can consider a similar
solution over in crio kubic?

Long explanation below:
To explain why all of this has changed, I need to cover what they
collectively do (or should do - this all
worked on my machine in testing):

- Define crio as our default runtime for k8s, and now part of the
official 'container-runtime' pattern (which
also includes podman)
- Define docker as our alternative runtime, and now provided by the
official new 'alt-container-runtime'
pattern (named for both english 'alternative' and german 'alt')
- Makes kubernetes requires either runtime. Should be able to pick
what they like and we can easily make
images with either.
- Adds support to kubeadm to read a config file for easy CRI runtime
definition by users or by packages (patch
also submitted upstream)
- Adds a subpackage to both runtimes to provide the CRI config file
now used by kubeadm

These changes are dependant on the following changes to the product
configuration also

https://github.com/yast/skelcd-control-Kubic/pull/19/files

This installs both runtimes on MicroOS (for maximum exposure and
comfort for people who just want 'docker')
For kubeadm it will only install CRI-O by default

All of these changes need to be somewhat coordinated. The packages
need to land at the same time - and that
should be before/at the same time as the skelcd changes (which will be
going through the YaST CI)

And I do not want any of these changes to land before the already
submitted changes reach Factory

I want the world to enjoy nice shiny Kubic kubeadm image that works as
well as my current test system before I
risk breaking it with this plumbing

Therefore please, even if you accept the above SR's to devel:kubic,
make sure the "Forward to Factory" tickbox
is NOT selected. I'd like to decide when these changes go to Factory please

Thanks!