Re: [opensuse-kubic] Proposal: Sync up config files with upstream k8s
  • From: Rafael Fernández López <rfernandezlopez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2018 13:14:01 +0200
Hello,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 01:11:30PM +0200, Richard Brown wrote:
Hi all,

While investigating the current master promotion issues with kubeadm i
noticed a few things

1) our /etc/kubernetes/* config files do not seem to reflect that
which is expected by k8s upstream

eg. no kubelet.env file
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/build/rpms/kubelet.env

2) we are not using upstream kubeadms config file - eg.
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/560e15fb9acee4b8391afbc21fc3aea7b771e2c4/build/rpms/10-kubeadm.conf

I've therefore created
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:kubic:vanilla

This is a temporary devel project which will create an alternate
kubernetes package with all of the /etc/kubernetes/* configurations
removed, and the upstream kubeadm config file present

It's not expected to work right away, hence keeping it separate from
the kubernetes package in devel:kubic

If this tidy up bears fruit, then devel:kubic:vanilla will die and
whatever we learn from this effort will be merged in devel:kubic

Anyone looking at getting kubeadm working is welcome to either
contribute to the 'tidyup and sync' efforts in devel:kubic:vanilla or,
if you think minor alterations are all that's needed, regular tweaks
to devel:kubic will still be welcome

Thank you for this. It looks a good approach for me.

--
Cheers,
Rafa.